Designer Frames & Precision Lenses
Find your perfect eyeglasses at Union Eye Associates.
The right eyewear balances form and function. You want to look great, feel great, and see clearly in every condition. Union Eye Associates can help you find your match.
What Makes Our Optical Special
The optical studio at Union Eye Associates features a curated collection of designer frames and precision lenses. Your eyes deserve the best, and our experienced team can help you find it.
At Union Eye Associates, we pride ourselves in acquiring a wide selection frames with something for:
- patients of all ages,
- a wide range of budgets,
- patients with various vision needs,
- and a variety of unique styles.
We also offer progressive and bi-focal options to meet the needs of people with vision challenges.
In addition to our vast inventory, our opticians have decades of experience finding the right fit for various face shapes and are meticulous at taking proper measurements to ensure the proper lens alignment for your eyes.
Offering Onsite Lens Fabrication
Many practices ship frames chosen by the patient to a lab that then cuts the lenses based on measurements the opticians provide. Union Eye Associates has a lens fabrication on site that allows us to offer our patients:
- A more precise, higher-quality lens fabrication.
- Lenses that are readily available given our wide range of in-stock lenses.
- Lens tinting for sensitive eyes, migraines, or concussions.
Union Eye Associates is dedicated to offering the absolute best care for your optical needs! Stop by or schedule an appointment with us today.
What are my options for lenses?
There are many eyeglass lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common eyeglass lens types:
- Transition lenses – These lenses are made of dynamic materials that automatically adjust to the level of surrounding light. They can take the place of prescription sunglasses and they block out 100% of UV rays.
- UV coated lenses – UV coating can be applied to regular eyeglasses unless the lens is made with polycarbonate. UV coated lenses look like any other lens – the coating is transparent.
- Tinted sunglass lenses – If you are getting prescription sunglasses, you might want to get tinted eyeglasses instead. These look like sunglasses and protect the health of your eyes by keeping out UV rays, but technically they aren’t true sunglasses.
- Scratch-resistant coating – A transparent coating that helps protect glass lenses from those annoying scratches. Scratch-resistant coating is especially useful for children’s eyeglasses.
- Plastic lenses – Plastic lenses make the entire eyeglasses weigh significantly less than glass lens eyeglasses. If you are a person who dislikes feeling the weight of eyeglasses on your nose, this lightweight alternative might be right for you.
- Thinner lenses – The special polycarbonate lenses greatly reduce the thickness of the lenses so that the eyeglass profile is more attractive. Thinner lenses come in thin, extra-thin and thinnest available.
- Anti-glare lenses – Anti-glare lenses are dipped in a special material to make them less reflective than regular eyeglass lenses. This coating also improves the function of the eyeglasses because less light is lost and the wearer enjoys very clear vision.
Need a prescription?
We do that too! Union Eye Associates offers comprehensive eye exams at our Union office, serving patients in Union, Washington, St. Clair, and beyond. In addition to assessing your visual acuity, your eye care provider will examine your eye health and function.
Schedule a comprehensive eye exam at Union Eye Associates now.